Raising Charity Donations for a Cause
These days more people understand the importance of donating money to charity. Charity donations have increased manifold in the last few decades and fundraisers are using unique and ingenious methods to raise more money.
Today, people in the western world can do almost any activity in the form of a fundraiser. Normal leisure activities and luxury experiences are being turned into opportunities to raise charity donations for those in need around the world.
Charity Donations Tips and Tricks
• Have a bowling fundraiser – as more bowling alleys are built, there is ample opportunity to hold fundraisers to increase charity donations. Having a bowling fundraiser can include almost any class of donations so that attendance is not restricted to a certain class. Also, the bowling alley will still benefit from the customers who buy goods and services once the fundraiser has already begun. This fundraising idea is a win-win for all involved parties
• Have a golfing tournament – people who golf tend to be wealthier and therefore apt to give charity donations to your cause. Next time you are trying to determine how to raise funds, think about having a golf tournament. You may be able to raise a lot of charity donations using this method.
• Have a barbeque – another great way to get people to donate money to charity is to have a barbeque celebration. Families can get together and share stories while eating a great meal and benefiting charity as well. The cost of the food will be very low so earning enough money to benefit charity will be very easy.
• Have an auction – go to a local church or community organization and ask for charitable donations that are items instead of cash. They can get rid of some of the clutter in their house while also giving to charity and getting a tax deductible receipt to top it all off.
• Have a bake sale – although you will most likely not connect many charity donations from a bake sale, you will get to work with your kids to provide the needy with added benefits. In the busy modern world it is often difficult to spend quality time with kids and teach them about growing up well. Use this experience to teach them about business, sales, and the importance of benefiting others and giving to charity.
• Create a themed event – many people respond to fundraisers better if they have a specific goal in mind. For instance, choose to have a fundraiser with the goal of $X that will be used to build a water well in rural Kenya. Having a project that is so specific will help garner more support from the people who attend.
Charity Donations Through Creativity
No matter what you choose to do, just try to be creative. Often times, the best ways to raise charity donations are through creative methods. Think about how you would be persuaded to raise charity for a cause.